Twynholm Primary School Newsletter
How to contact us:-
On our website: www.twynholm.dumgal.sch.uk
By telephone: 01557 860235
By post: Twynholm Primary School, Twynholm, DG6 4NY
Tuesday 5th November 2019
Find out more about how the school teaches numeracy. This evening will focus on the four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division) and how these are taught across all the age groups. The evening will last no longer than an hour and will take place on Wednesday 13th November between 6 and 7pm.
Parent Council Meeting
The next parent council meeting will take place on Tuesday 12th November at 3.15pm. All welcome!
Thank you to everyone who came along to the meetings before half term. Copies of the notes taken on the night will be with you soon.
P1/2/3 Farm Visit
A reminder that the P1 ,2 & 3 children are going on their farm visit tomorrow, Wednesday 6th November. Children should come dressed for being outside on a farm. They will not need a packed lunch.
Budget Savings and Transformation Programme
In preparation for next academic year’s budget savings a series of meetings have been arranged across the region. The purpose of the meetings is to share key ideas that have been forward to meet the savings. Any interested parents or carers are welcome to attend whichever meeting is most convenient. All meetings are between 6pm and 8pm:
- 5th November- Lockerbie Academy
- 7th November- Douglas Ewart High School
- 11th November- Dalbeattie High School
- 12th November – Sanquhar Primary School
- 19th November- The Bridge, Dumfries
Children In Need – Fri 15th November
Bands will be on sale from the school office next week priced at £1. Friday 15th November will be a dress down day for a small donation to Children in Need.
Work has already begun on this year’s Christmas performances. The P1/2/3 class will be performing ‘Prickly Hay’, a nativity story. P3/4/5 & P5/6/7 will be performing ‘Hoodwinked’, a panto based on the story of Robin Hood. The show this year takes place on Wed 11th Dec @ 6.30pm in the Village Hall.
Over the next few weeks the children will be walking to the school hall to practise in preparation – please ensure your child has a jacket/coat with them at school.
The Christmas service this year will take place on the morning of the last day of term, Fri 20th December.
Christmas Coffee Afternoon
Coffee, shortbread, Christmas music and crafts Mon 2nd December – more details to follow.
Looking ahead here are some important dates you may like to write in your diary…
Wed 6th – P1/2/3 Farm Visit (am)
Thurs 7th – P1 & P7 Dental Checkups
Tues 12th – Parent Council Meeting 3.15pm – All welcome!
Wed 13th – Curriculum Evening 6–7 pm - All welcome!
Fri 15th – Children in Need
- Wed 20th – Flu Immunisations (pm)
- Thurs 21st - Rotary Junior Youth Speaks Event @ Kirkcudbright PS *more info to follow
- Mon 2nd – Chirstmas Fayre *more info to follow
- Wed 4th – Achievement Assembly @ 2.45pm (new date)
- Fri 6th – Christmas Show Dress Rehersal @ hall (pm)
- Wed 11th – Christmas Show *more info to follow
- Mon 16th – Christmas Panto @ Fullerton (evening)
- Wed 18th – Christmas Lunch *more info to follow
- Thurs 19th - Christmas Party *more info to follow
- Fri 20th – Christmas Service *more info to follow
- Fri 20th – Last Day Term for Christmas Holidays
Mon 6th/Tues 7th – Inset Days Staff Training
Wed 8th – School reopens for Pupils for Term 3