Twynholm Primary School – Playground Behaviour Policy
We all have…
A Right To Play
What does this mean?
• We have regular play times outside at school
• Outside is a fun and safe place for us to play
• We sometimes get to play in class (when it is appropriate)
What are our responsibilities?
• We should be kind with our words and actions
• We should let others join in
• We should play by the rules
• We should respect other people’s play space
• We should share and look after playground equipment
• We should be welcoming to new children and visitors
• We should listen to the adult on the playground
What are the outcomes if we are not responsible?
• Remember to try and sort out any problems yourself first
• You will be reminded of your responsibilities and asked to stop the behaviour that is causing upset
• If the behaviour continues you will be asked to sit on the bench for 5 minutes
• If there is still a problem miss next break
• If your behaviour is continually spoiling other children’s play time it might be necessary to have separate breaks